Benefits Flu Vaccinations at work
Influenza or Flu outbreaks are prevalent in organisations, affecting up to 1 in 4 office workers during winter months.
Flu symptoms can take up to 3 days to manifest. Normal everyday contact puts people around an infected person at risk. An employee who hasn’t felt anything yet is likely to pass the virus on to colleagues and customers, as well as family members soon as he gets home from work.
Sick leaves and absences typically last for 3-5days. Workplace productivity is affected a multifold, extending up to 2 weeks until an infected worker has fully recovered. Employee flu vaccinations can help keep the virus from spreading, if not eliminate it altogether.
Influenza, also known as the ‘flu,’ is a highly contagious illness capable of infecting the entire body. The virus tends to spread easily, especially since it can be transmitted even before symptoms appear. Similar to H1N1 strains, influenza viruses can cause complications with severe cases leading to the death of people with chronic or underlying illnesses.
Any of these symptoms become prominent 24-72 hours of infection:
- Tiredness or Fatigue
- Fever, Chills, Headaches
- Muscle and Joint Pains
Australian businesses who provide employee flu shots gain the following advantages:
- 25 to 35% drop in influenza-related absenteeism rates.
- Reduced absences and time off for medical appointments.
- Better performance by happy employees under an employer that cares.
- Superior protection through ‘herd community’ or ‘herd immunity’.
- No added workload for employees who are not infected.
- Generally healthy workforce.
- Happy employee, happy business.
Minimise the flu season’s impact by holding annual workplace flu vaccinations. Contact Corporate Care today on 1300 79 74 10 or fill out any of our online forms.