Promoting Flu Vaccinations at work
Influenza or Flu outbreaks are prevalent in organisations, affecting many workers during the winter months.
Flu symptoms can take up to 3 days to manifest*. Regular everyday contact puts people around an infected person at risk. An asymptomatic employee may pass the virus on to colleagues and customers, as well as family members, soon as he gets home from work.
Sick leaves and absences typically last for 3-5 days. Workplace productivity is affected a multifold, extending up to 2 weeks until an infected worker has fully recovered. Employee flu vaccinations can help keep the virus from spreading, if not eliminate it.
Influenza, also known as the ‘flu,’ is a highly contagious illness capable of infecting the entire body. The virus tends to spread easily, especially since it can be transmitted even before symptoms appear. Influenza viruses can cause complications with severe cases leading to the death of people with chronic or underlying illnesses.
Any of these symptoms become prominent 24-72 hours of infection:
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Fever, chills, headaches
- Muscle and joint pains
Australian businesses who provide employee flu shots gain the following advantages:
- A drop in influenza-related absenteeism/presenteeism rates.
- Reduced absences and time off for medical appointments.
- Better performance by happy employees under an employer that cares.
- Superior protection through ‘herd community’ or ‘herd immunity’.
- No added workload for employees who are not infected.
- Generally a healthy workforce.
- It is mandatory to have the flu shot for anyone visiting an Aged Care facility.
- Happy employee, happy business.
Minimise the flu season’s impact by holding annual workplace flu vaccinations.
Contact Corporate Care today on 1300 79 74 10, or complete the below influenza enquiry form. Alternatively, you can always reach us out at [email protected]