There seems to be no shortage of misinformation and poor advice when it comes to dealing with the flu (influenza) and the flu vaccine.
Here are 5 common myths and misconceptions about the flu.
- The Flu vaccine will give you the flu: There is no live virus in the flu vaccine, so there is no chance to get the flu
- The Flu vaccine is not safe for pregnant women: According to NSW Health, The flu vaccine is safe for the mother and the baby when given during pregnancy.
- Flu (Influenza) is not a serious disease: Flu is a highly contagious and potentially life-threatening disease.
- Healthy people don’t need to be vaccinated: Anyone can get the Flu. Being fit and healthy does not protect against the flu.
- The Flu can be treated with antibiotics: The Flu is a viral infection. Antibiotics only work against bacteria.
Corporate Care will be running flu vaccination programs from the end of March until early June. For further information please feel free to email us at [email protected] or simply call us on 1300 79 74 10. Alternatively, you can fill out the below form and one of our flu consultants will be in touch with you.